I’m not into politics. I’m not a Democrat or Republican because neither party represents my value. I’m Team Jesus all the way and I keep it moving. 🙌🏾
Again, politics are not my jam because both Democrats and Republicans are filled with liars and thieves who do nothing but seek to line their own pockets.
However, when I heard that the Senate approved $40B in aid for Ukraine to help them in their efforts to defeat Russia, I couldn’t help but feel angry for a variety of reasons.
I’m not against providing assistance to other countries. What I am against is the hypocrisy in how America helps out other nations when there are people right here that need help.
Anyone who knows me knows I have a very big heart. I go out of my way to help those in need. America should help if we’re in a position to do so (emphasis on if), but we’re not.
Here are 5 major issues that we should address instead:
- Education/Student loans
- Job situation
- Housing crisis/homelessness
- Health care system
- Justice system
Thanks so much for listening to today’s episode.
If you enjoy listening to Hustle in Faith and would like to support the show, please consider sharing it with your friends, leaving a review, donating, or making a purchase at StarenguCrew, our fitness apparel shop.
Remember, if you’re everything to everyone then you risk being no one. You never know who will inspire you in the next episode!
If you would like to support the show: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/HustleinFaith
Other articles/ episodes to check out
All of the Hustle in Faith episodes I mention below have a TON of articles that coincide with the below 5 areas:
- Matthew 7:5 Hypocrite! First, remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
- Quick Senate OK ahead for House-passed $40B aid for Ukraine
- U.S. Border Agents Chased Migrants On Horseback. A Photographer Explains What He Saw
- Kamala Harris tells Guatemala migrants: ‘Do not come to US’
- Russians and Ukrainians are traveling to Mexico, buying cheap cars and driving them across the US border to claim asylum, says report
- Temporary protected status varies for Ukranians fleeing to European countries, those in the US.
- Ep. 180 How will you leverage your window of opportunity?
- Opinion: Don’t Be Stingy, President Biden. Forgive As Much Student Loan Debt As Possible
- Biden must cancel federal student debt ‘for each and every borrower,’ 8 state attorneys general say: ‘Now is not the time for half measures’
- Black and Latino Americans hopeful about student debt forgiveness
- More Russians, Ukrainians seek asylum at U.S.-Mexico border
- Black and Hispanic Americans, those with less education are more likely to fall out of the middle class each year
- Moderna CFO was paid a $700K severance package
- Ep. 154 Make it Make Sense: Why do you want a seat at the table?
- Ep. 159 Embrace the unconventional
- Ep. 174 Make it Make Sense: Blue vs. White Collar Workers, the Great Resignation, and Return to Office Plans
- At Wells Fargo, a Quest to Increase Diversity Leads to Fake Job Interviews
- Research: The Real-Time Impact of Microaggressions
- Housing Discrimination: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
- When a Black homeowner concealed her race, her home’s appraisal value doubled
- Black millennial homeownership emerges as a silver lining in pandemic economy
- How The Pandemic Slowed Progress For Black Women’s Pay Equity
- Ep.148 Why should you take control of your life by starting a garden? (lots of health care articles in this episode)
- EXPLAINER: What Is Roe v. Wade?
- The article that could save Black women’s lives
- Serena Williams on Motherhood, Marriage, and Making Her Comeback
- Black Women Are Speaking Out After Serena Williams Revealed She Faced Life-Threatening Birth Complications
- When Feminism Is White Supremacy in Heels
- Ep. 109 Why can’t we all just get along?
- Ep. 127 What does justice look like to you?
- Where Marijuana is Legal in the US
- Nearly 500K Illinois marijuana arrest records expunged; pardons issued for over 9K low-level convictions
Download Brand New You in ’22 Challenge Guide: